total amount of visitors to date

Left4Dead Review Part 2: Survival Mode

|




Today I would like to introduce the Survival Mode in L4D. Basically the players just face hordes and hordes of Infected and Special Infected as well. The goal is to stay alive as long as possible. It's hard and challenging as when you face a horde and are reloading, a Smoker may just suddenly pull you away. Likewise a Hunter can just leap onto you.

Unfortunately, the AI (Artificial Intelligence) aka the bots leave you alone especially if there are two human players. For example, bot Francis got caught by a Smoker and bot Louis goes to save him and gets pounced on by a Hunter while the two human players are fighting a Tank. See what I mean, because since the two human players are together, the bot's priority is the other bot, as he is in trouble. Logical, but a Smoker is less deadly than a Tank.

As the pictures tell, I died after 5mins because a Tank punched me off the cliff. It was also my fault as I was at quite a high spot and I didn't see the Tank.

Back to Survival. To start the game, a player must "Activate the fuel pump". It's kind of like triggering a Panic Event in Normal Mode.

Well, hope more people try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive